- Continuing Education Information
- Onsite Training
- SCM Instructor Certification
- SCM Instructor Recertification
- SCM Direct Staff Training
- SCM for the Autism Spectrum
- SCM Non-physical
- Adolescent Suicide
- Crisis Intervention for Foster Parents
- Cultural Diversity
- Reducing Restraints & Seclusion
- Reducing Training Drift
- Supervision of SCM Performance
- Staff Supervision in Residential Care
- Public Training
- International Training
- What's New?
- Popular Links
SCM instructor certification
The Safe Crisis Management training program has as its fundamental purpose the prevention and safe resolution of explosive behavior. Whether you are working with oppositional and defiant students or emotionally disordered clients, SCM provides your staff with a capacity to prevent or safely control dangerous situations. SCM provides a comprehensive continuum of prevention, intervention & post intervention strategies focusing on…
Promoting Positive Growth & Behavior
SCM stresses positive beliefs and primary strategies that are designed to promote appropriate behavior and minimize behaviors of concern
Understanding Individuals in Care
SCM provides staff with an understanding of human development and the many variables that influence behavior.
Understanding & Identifying Behaviors of Concern
The specific identification of challenging behavior is a pre-requisite to behavior change. Understanding the motives and prompts of these behaviors is a first step in the positive outcome we seek.
Responding to Behaviors of Concern
SCM identifies responses that are evidence based best practice options
Using Function-Based Behavior Support Planning
Provides staff with process to gather details about events or factors that will be used to design effective positive behavior support plans
Creating Behavior Support Plans
Providing staff with a template for planning intervention that is based on an assessment of behavior prompts and reinforcements
Using Emergency Safety Interventions
When real harm to self or others is present, SCM provides a continuum of emergency safety physical intervention that are safe and effective
Conducting Follow-Up Procedures
The SCM curriculum provides a series of after-incident procedures to ensure resolution and professional review.
The SCM Instructor Training Program is a rigorous, five-day learning experience where participants learn prevention, intervention and after-action strategies that are the core of SCM. Participants will be exposed to a variety of supportive information and concepts central to providing instruction in SCM. Successful completion of the program is contingent on passing both a written test and an Emergency Safety Physical Interventions skills test. Participants will receive an Instructor’s Manual that provides a model curriculum for SCM Staff Training. In addition, participants will be granted access to our Instructor’s Website which contains files to download such as: slideshows, an Emergency Safety Physical Intervention video, training agendas, case studies, various templates, handouts, sample tests and so much more!
The Safe Crisis Management Difference!
- SCM is more comprehensive in its theory, prevention, non-physical, physical and post-incident counseling than other programs!
- SCM is based on solid principles of human growth and development, and safe interventions!
- SCM emphasizes strength-based non-physical interventions in order to reduce the frequency of emergency safety physical interventions!
- SCM provides a continuum of interventions which are based on the “Least Restrictive Alternative” principle!
Don’t wait any longer…call us today and become an SCM Certified Instructor!
Program Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
$999/person when you register 3 or more at the same time!