SCM instructor certification
What Will I Learn At This Program?
- Participants will be able to identify the components of a well-organized service delivery program, the importance of providing structure and how to use positive strategies to build relationships.
- Participants will utilize individual and group assessment to help understand the behaviors and needs of individuals.
- Participants will be able to identify the phases of crisis events, know where staff should intervene and how to use appropriate and effective intervention strategies.
- Participants will be able to identify the nature, dynamics and categories of challenging behaviors and how to reduce their frequency.
- Participants will be able to articulate and use the elements of a Functional Behavior Assessment, Behavior Support Planning and Analysis.
- Participants will be able to identify counter aggressive tendencies and learn to control them.
- Participants will learn how to use non-verbal, para verbal and verbal intervention techniques in order to direct behaviors and assist individuals in retaining emotional control.
- Participants will learn how to promote safety when a situation is critical and physical interventions become necessary. If such an emergency arises, SCM provides an integrated and flexible system of emergency safety interventions, which can be taught in part or in total according to need. SCM techniques have been medically reviewed, approved and have no pressure on critical body parts. Participants will learn these various physical intervention techniques in order to provide staff with a response capacity to meet the unique differences that exist in real life situations. In addition, participants will be able to list and define the safety areas associated with monitoring physical intervention.
- Participants will learn proper documentation and post intervention debriefing techniques for individuals/students and staff.
- Participants will learn the issues organization must consider when introducing SCM including: crisis intervention policies, training policies, supervision policies, documentation policies and evaluation policies.
- Participants will learn how to teach the Safe Crisis Management Program to staff at their organization.